HybridZ

Anyone using the new firmware supporting 360 deg optical wheels?

FricFrac

I see the latest version of the beta firmware for the MS3 has 360-6 encoder wheel support (as well as Nissan RB25 but I'm not familiar with it's wheel configuration). I don't see how the 360-6 would be able to give TDC for sequential injection, etc, since it's symetrical so if it does work would there be any advantage?

yes, the 300ZX chopper wheels have the 360/6 set-up and of the inner 6 slots, 5 are the same size and the 6th 1 for cyl #1 is about 2x as long as the others. this wheel drops right into a 280ZXT distributor.

Hmmmmmm.... Filing a longer slot into one of the six inner slots on an 82-83 Turbo CAS.... sounds tempting.

But I just bought a trigger wheel from DIY for my L28.

So now, there are two options for running sequential fuel and spark on an L28 using the stock CAS without mounting a trigger wheel onto the crank pulley, and when I completed my MS3 build about a year ago there were approximately.... ZERO! Damn technology changing so fast. It's hard to keep a 40 year old car up to date these days lol.

Hmmmmmm.... Filing a longer slot into one of the six inner slots on an 82-83 Turbo CAS.... sounds tempting.

But I just bought a trigger wheel from DIY for my L28.

So now, there are two options for running sequential fuel and spark on an L28 using the stock CAS without mounting a trigger wheel onto the crank pulley, and when I completed my MS3 build about a year ago there were approximately.... ZERO! Damn technology changing so fast. It's hard to keep a 40 year old car up to date these days lol.

... or even a hole punch...