HybridZ

L28 Wont Start

s30kid

I have a 1977 280z that i have had for a few years. I just started working on it and getting it ready to drive. When i first got the car i started it up and drove it around the yard. The Air flow meter was bad but still putted around the yard just fine. It sat in my back yard for a year and a half and never got much attention. Just recently i tried starting it up and it didn't even try to start. No firing at all. I replaced some bad ignition wires with Accel 8mm Plug wire kit from Pep Boys. My fuel pump works, i can hear it kick on when i crank the motor. I checked all the spark plugs, one by one, they all spark just fine. What could it be? All my Fuses are brand new. New gas and good connections on the battery. I have Air, Spark, And fuel. That should be enough to get a rough idle. Pleas help i have been scratching my head on this for a while now.

// Standard information of the car:

It's a 1977 280z 2+2 automatic

It is all original, no mods

If Any extra information is needed on the car to better your understanding of my situation, Please just ask.

post-27559-013759400 1333680983_thumb.jpg

Two thoughts... Clogged fuel line/filter and/or ECU problems. Grab a new fuel filter from a parts store, they're cheap. Check that the injectors are firing by holding a screwdriver to them with your ear on the other end while someone cranks the engine. You should hear clicks through the screwdriver.