HybridZ

FAQ with Dapper Lighting Lights

bens1088

Hey guys,

I had a few guys email me with some questions. I've put together some different guides and docs for everyone to take a look at. (Threw in a Porsche guide to give you perspective). Let me know if any of you have questions.

Thanks!

DL Bulb Installation.pdf

Headlight Aiming Instructions.pdf

post-1991-047927100 1334115992_thumb.jpg

CapacitorInstallPDF.pdf

DL240z.pdf

DLPorsche.pdf

• 11 months later...

There is a plug coming from the headlight and from the harness that should plug together.

The only "open" wires are the city light bulbs. You can run those however you want. Some run them as DRLs, or turn signals, or just leave them off.

I wired mine a little differently for simplification and to get rid of 5 miles of wire.

I would like to know where to add the diode, and what wires to connect to get high beams.  Pictured below is my current setup.

Thanks!

Capture_zpsae0d987d.jpg

Edited by SUNNY Z

I wired mine a little differently for simplification and to get rid of 5 miles of wire.

I would like to know where to add the diode, and what wires to connect to get high beams.  Pictured below is my current setup.

Thanks!

We make the wires extra long so it fits most cars.

I need to find the schematics for the H4 stock plug. Since the kit is a single filament system, the diode pulls power from the low beam wire on the plug over to the high beam so that the light source stays on while the high beam stalk is pulled. On the stock headlight, the low beam bulb shuts off and the high beam turns on. The high beam wires from the projector will go to the high beam trigger on the stock plug.

You should have just been able to use the halogen harness and run the leads into the ballast if you wanted to bypass the relay.  Just make sure you run the correct polarities into the ballast.