HybridZ

wiring a wideband

I am currently wiring up a innovate Motorsport wide band kit. It suggest you take power from a ignition switched power source, the system also draws 5amps and should also be fused for such a load. I have a 1975 280z with stock wiring harness. Where would be the best circuit to tap off of for power and where can i find it under the dash? Thank you.

I'd put a relay in line to the "On" wire from the ignition, then the other side of the relay a line from the battery with a 5A fuse. You'd have clean power from the battery without putting a new draw on the old stock harness.

I'd choose the "on" position wire over the "Acc" position wire since you only need the wideband when the engine is on.

I had the bung welded to my exhaust pipe right after the collector in a vertical orientation. O2 sensors read better and are protected by moisture when installed in this way. I'm gonna do a write up on this. Ill link it from here once I'm done the install.