HybridZ

tach/ afr problems

bthomp

A few weeks ago, my battery went dead and i had my car jumped. The guy hooked up the jumper box backwards and ended the life for a few things... The main one being MS. From what I could see, and from talking to Matt, it seemed like just C16 blew up, and Q5 went bad. Got it replaced with the other parts that went bad. Drove the car around a little bit and everything was reading fine. When I stopped to get gas, the car wouldnt start, and the battery didnt seem to have much life. Turned out that 2 of the fuseable links somehow fried. So I was able to replace them with new inline fuses. 80 for the black wire, and 50 for red. Car started right back up, but not without a problem. My afr was reading lean/ just no fuel at all in the low load area of the table. Tried adjusting my tables a little bit, but didnt seem to help. I also then noticed that the MAP sensor was reading about 29kpa. Checked for something wrong with the line, but couldnt find anything. tried to just clamp the hose shut, and nothing changed with that. I shut the car off to see what the reading was with the engine off. it was normal at about 96ish kpa. I then took MS out and hooked it up to the Stim, everything seemed to be fine. So then i took it back down to my car, hooked everything back up, and then couldnt get a Tach signal anymore during cranking. Took MS back up to check Stim for RPM, and it got it just fine.

Anyone have an idea of what all might of went bad/wrong when the fuseable links when bad thats causing me to have all these problems? The car was running great again after I got everything fixed from the first time all the way up till I stopped to get gas...

Also this WAS a running system. Used this car to drive from college to back home on the weekends.

Edited by bthomp