HybridZ

Side Exhaust Questions

TheCrazySwede

Dear Hybrid Z,

I have some questions regarding the installation and operation of a side exhaust system.

1. Where would the Cat' be placed? There isn't much room under my '77 280z, so I can't see where it would be seated. I live in Cali, so having one is kind of a must.

2. I've read around that the Patriot side exhaust limit flow by a lot and that the internal muffler only has 1 5/8 in air clearance, which is really choking the

flow. What other options are there?

3. This is referring to sound; I love loud cars, but law enforcement doesn't seem to share my taste. Cali law says that modified exhausts should not exceed 95db's. If a Cop suspects that it's too loud, one would have to go to a service station where they check the db's of your exhaust to make sure it passes under 95db's. My question is this: Is it possible to use side exhaust and still pass the "Cali sound test" without restricting the air flow?

Thanks everyone. I'm new to Hybrid Z, but after a couple of post, I am glad that I signed up. Such a great community! Cheers!