HybridZ

Install Pics

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Here's an update...

Unfortunately the "preassembly" roll of pics was lost by the photo place (we are in the process of tracking them down.) Not so much for posting them here but for my own documentation as well. Included in those pics were motor mount fabrication, header modification for steering shaft clearance, custom lower alternater bracket, steering shaft clearance end result photos and an assortment of other pics. Damn it. Anyway, here are a few pics that turned out from roll 2.

.Photos

Hope it works

jon

Guest JAMIE T

Hey dude, that looks great. Could you post the details about the engine. The Vic Jr. intake and Alum Heads lead me to believe you have a Tiny Asassin under the hood coollook.gif

Guest Anonymous

302 with aluminum heads (stage 2 I believe, I'll have to look it up, but they have a little more port volume than the aluminum GT-40 heads, E303 cam, roller lifters and rockers), RPM air gap intake, demon carb 625cfm vac secondaries, hooker block hugger headers, Tremec 5-speed. Should put out 377hp. Should be a pretty fast and reliable daily driver.

Still undecided on a distributor. Still have to make the exhaust. Still 1M little things to do.

Still married twak.gif

Jon, that is just sick, sick, SICK!!! Man, it looks like a million bucks!!! Good job on your project; is this going fast or what? Who is helping you? Ron? You are making awesome headway with really nice parts--then engine looks great. Your car is so clean the way it was, it is a shame you are ruining it by adding a big heavy pig of an American motor icon_biggrin.gifmalebitchslap.gif lol

I like the job you are doing, and if it is even half as nice as your car is in person, it'll rate a 10 for sure. I'm very impressed and look forward to seeing the car in person. At least there will be a new V8Z tearing up the landscape in Antioch. Ricers beware!!! Shoot, Porsches beware! icon_biggrin.gif

Davy

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Davy.

I guess it's going pretty fast. Though it seems like forever since I've last driven the car (been doing a lot of sitting in it, wifey's been shaking her head at me a lot.) I'm trying to save money by making most of the little odds and ends (it seems like you can't buy them anyway!) That's why I'm so bummed about that missing roll of film, that was alot of work that I was pretty proud of and wanted to share. I want to give back something to this board for so sharing so much knowledge and basically telling me "You can do it".

My son has been the biggest help which was kinda the plan, though I have gotten a little obsessed with the project and spend a lot of hours designing and figuring out stuff myself.

Davy, Fremont will be my shake down cruise!

Jon

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

If you still havent decided yet, I used a replacement 1985 distributor from O'Riley auto parts, but any 1985 GT distributor made for a 5-speed car will do it. The auto's had the fuel injection already. You have to use that distributor because it has the steel gear for that roller camshaft (E303), and it was a carbed setup. 1985 was the only year that had that combo. If you go with a MSD you will have to make sure to tell them it is for a roller camshaft so they can also sell you the steel cam gear. Fro me it was cheaper to buy the entire replacement distributor than just the gear from MSD!

Hope that helps.

Todd