HybridZ

LSx - favorite diff ratio for autocross

RebekahsZ

Thanks to everybody for all the advice. I'll be looking at the torque curves for a stock LS2. I sure wish my dad was alive-he'd be great at this and he'd be having a ball! Boy-johnc-they sure are proud of those R&Ps! What ratio did you build alainburton's diff to? Thanks for the website. It is looking more and more like 3.90 trying to run the autox mostly starting in 2nd, driving in 3rd. For drag it is looking like I have a 3-speed: launching in 2d and running down the course in 3rd, then 4th to 100 in the 1/8th and just winding it out to 125 in 4th for the 1/4-mile.

I added the MM6 and M12 transmissions. Just apply a filter on the transmission column to eliminate all others from the view.

Hope it helps.

edit to the edit: I updated the max rpm to 6600, tire size to 24.5, and MPH to 80 for the M12 lines. I found these numbers in this thread, update as necessary, it's just a copy.

edit 3.0:

80mph in 2nd is possible with the MM6 gear set and 3.364 diff @6600 rpm.

82mph in 3nd is possible with the M12 gear set and 4.11 diff @6600 rpm.

I don't know how physically different the MM6 and M12 T56's are, but some of the internals are swappable. In this t56 doc it's states there outside dimensions are identical, but that's just the interweb, i've not seen it for myself.

Edited by rejracer