HybridZ

300zx engine swap

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have seen alot of people talking about the 240 ford swap. Has anyone done a 300 zx swap. If so, is it comparable to the 240 swap. I have two 300's and one needs a tranny. I'm thinking about stripping one to make a good running car to sell. I would like to drop an efi 302 w/an aod tranny in it. Just wondering if it has been done. Thanks in advance for any help.

I asked the question if anybody had a AOD in a Z and nobody answered. So I or maybe you will be the first. I have had mine in the trans tunnel to see if it will fit but thats about it.

I think that if the 300zx had a L6 in it a 302 would fit in great. I don't know you will have to measure it to be sure.

Don

Mine is a 71 240 coupe. It fit in pretty good but I have to trim the tranny mounts off to make it fit up tight.

I had the body flat on the floor with the front cross member on the floor so I couldn't get the motor any lower than the cross member (did raise up the body to try for more room) because the balancer was real close to the steering rack.

My motor oil pan will sit behind the the cross member and about level with bottom, I think.

I am not at the stage to mount it in yet.

Don