HybridZ

leaded gas in ford EFI

Guest tom sixbey

Guest tom sixbey

gas is gonna get expensive again. I know where i can get 100 octane low lead aviation gas for less than 2 bucks a gallon - will leaded gas have any adverse effects on the fuel injectors?

Unless you are running high compression or boost, you don't need anything better than 93 octane unleaded. I have 9.5:1 compression and run 16 degrees initial timing(36 total) without any problem. The leaded should be no problem with the injectors, but the O2 sensors won't like it. I assume you are not runnings catalytic converters.

Guest Anonymous

I don't think the injectors will mind it as much as the oxygen sensor will, I'm not sure but I think I read someone here saying that the lead would foul the oxygen sensor after a bit of use. Considering how sensitive they are to even carb cleaner/solvents it wouldn't surprise me. Good price on Av Gas though considering its about 1.80 for premium unlead here at the moment. :mad:

Regards,

Lone

The lead will definitely foul the O2 sensor. You will have to get a bypass wiring harness to fool the computer into thinking that there is a sensor there. This is a major problem with 'grey market' imports of cars from the USA to countries with leaded gas.

Tim