HybridZ

My idler is bouncing like crazy! HELP!!!!

alsil

Spring loaded. The thing's flappin' like crazy. I was worried that it's more than that, like the alternator or something, but my Power steering and charge is working great.

The Ford dealership is asking $105 for the part.

Hopefully that's it, thanks for the help!

AL twak.gifbonk.gif

HELP! I heard a weird clicking noise, opened my hood, and my serp. belt idler was bouncing all over the place!!! And the more you rev, the more noise it makes! I want to make sure it's not something else that could cause this, like a binding accessory (the only ones I have are the Power Steering punp and Alternator). Anyone seen this before? I'm kind of worried about driving home, since the belt might fly and I would get stuck. If it's the idler, it's prety easy to fix, I just want to know if I am right.

HELP!!

Thanks

Al :confused:malebitchslap.giftwak.gifbonk.gif

OK so the final verdict - $111 for the tensioner pulley, and $25 for the belt.

Well, at least I toasted a 5.0 on my way home yesterday. I guess that made it worth it. Maybe he wouldn't have been so mad if he knew it was a 5.0 under my hood too. Probably Chevy-phobic!! tongue.gif

Al 2thumbs.gifcheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest super280z

it's a 5L motor correct? if you simply take it apart, grind off the aluminum pin in the rear of the tentioner housing, and tighten it back with a 3/4" wrench, it should solve the problem. hope this helps,