HybridZ

73 240z with LT1/4L60

Hello,

I have a 73 240z that I have been working on for the last few months. I Just installed the 93 LT1(camaro Z28) engine in it and now I'm working on fitting the 4L60(auto Trans). My question is

What shifter are you running? what mods did you have to do to fit it?

Pictures would help... Thank you.

after I fit the trans I will start on the wire harness which I 'm not looking foward to.

Thanks in advance.

There are a few people over on ls1lt1.com that will take your stock harness and convert it to a standalone one. I'm running the 93 speed density ecu with the 94 engine (it was $250 on craigslist). One day I would like to swap to the MAF system though.

As far as shifters I can't help you there since I run a T5

I don't know if this helps, but I installed a B&M Stealth Pro ratchet shifter on my LS1/4L60E setup. I have a 1972 240z and needed to trim the shifter opening slightly in the front and back. I created a cradle that bolted to the underside of the transmission tunnel below the shifter hole. The cradle holds the Stealth Pro so that the shifter arm is in the stock position and does not stand up very high.

I've used B&M pro sticks, as well as TCI's version of the same shifter. You just need to cover the stock shifter opening with a small plate and then you can mount your shifter to that plate. If you line it up right, you can use the stock console.

Here's some pics of my latest project, which has the same shifter: tci shifter

I'll be using the same shifter in my next 240, which is getting an LT1 with 4l60e. If you go this route, be sure to get the gate plate for a 700r4/4l60e.

There are a few people over on ls1lt1.com that will take your stock harness and convert it to a standalone one. I'm running the 93 speed density ecu with the 94 engine (it was $250 on craigslist). One day I would like to swap to the MAF system though.

As far as shifters I can't help you there since I run a T5

Gotcha. I'll check out that forum and see if I can find the members that take care of the harness.

Thanks

I've used B&M pro sticks, as well as TCI's version of the same shifter. You just need to cover the stock shifter opening with a small plate and then you can mount your shifter to that plate. If you line it up right, you can use the stock console.

Here's some pics of my latest project, which has the same shifter: tci shifter

I'll be using the same shifter in my next 240, which is getting an LT1 with 4l60e. If you go this route, be sure to get the gate plate for a 700r4/4l60e.

OK.. perfect.

Thanks for all your help.