HybridZ

76 280Z Brake Lights/Hazard Switch

DuoWing

Well I figured I'll throw this out here real quick to see where to start. For some reason my Hazard switch doesn't do anything when I press it, also my brake lights have decided to stop working. The one day I came home and my brother said the one side was out, but if I remember correctly the passenger side was working. Since then the only thing I've done electrically are add the parking light relay upgrade, some extra ground wires, and made new battery cables out of 4 gauge wires. My turn signals, parking lights, and headlights all work properly. Also the Brake light on the speedometer stays on all the time when driving. I thought it was related to the parking brake, but maybe it's a warning light for a brake issue? The dash was removed at one point, but that was last year. Although I don't ever remember checking to make sure that the brake lights or hazard switch worked properly after reinstall. I can't seem to find any disconnected wires. Also replaced all the fuses.

Well not sure exactly what the problem was, disconnected the brake switch and then plugged it back in, checked the flashers, and then pulled out my test light and now everything is working. Both brake lights and hazard switch. I guess it was just a loose connection.

Edited by DuoWing