HybridZ

Fuel delivery problems

hey guys, I have 77 280z fuel injected and i'm having problems getting it to start. Its been sitting for a few years, but i started it up and drove it last year and it ran. So I sprayed starter fluid in the intake and it started but only for a second. So, naturally I believe its a fuel problem, I'm wondering what this is, and if i blow into it is it supposed to be free flowing of restricting letting little to no air through?(in this case, gas) also, I'm confident that the fuel pump works because i can hear it when i try and start the car, but just in case how can i test it? hear are some pics,

post-27559-082368900 1336520611_thumb.jpg

post-27559-006155300 1336520625_thumb.jpg

post-27559-021654400 1336520638_thumb.jpg

post-27559-024761800 1336520655_thumb.jpg

post-27559-009821900 1336520673_thumb.jpg

That's your fuel filter. You should be able to blow through them as they are physical screens that fuel flows through. But they are cheap and you should probably replace that. It looks pretty beat.

Since your motor bumps with starter fluid this means you have two of the three components for combustion, air, and spark. As you said you are not getting fuel.

Since the car is injected it could be a multitude of things causing your fuel delivery problems.

Here are some of them, listed in my humble opinion from most to least probable cause for your problem.

Bad Fuel Pump or dry pump (the stock units require a ridiculous amount of fuel in order to prime if dry)

Rust or particulate matter in fuel tank

Rust or particulate matter blocking the fuel lines

Rust or particulate matter blocking the fuel injectors, or sticky injectors

Injectors aren't opening (but since you removed your fuel filter and I'm assuming gas didn't spew everywhere this isn't the case for you)

and lastly, some electrical problem (fuel pump not turning on, bad afm, bad grounds somewhere) <--I think that one is least likely

Best of luck, hope this helps

Edited by OldAndyAndTheSea