HybridZ

Considering this header... as an upgrade

inline6

I've been researching through the forums and elsewhere and came across a post where someone said the Clifford Research header interferes with the Nissan Comp oil pan. If true, I'll need to find another header to use, because I plan on using the comp oil pan with my new motor.

I'm not wanting to build myself one from a Stahl kit. So, I'm thinking about trying to track down a Nissan Motorsport header with 1.75 primaries. The application is an L28 bored to 88mm - 2.933L running 11.1 to 1 comp ratio. The cam is a Kinetic Sunbelt unit with the following specs:

Intake

Seat duration 320 degrees

.050" duration 290 degrees

Net valve lift .550"

Exhaust

Seat duration 315 degrees

.050" duration 274.8 degrees

Net valve lift =.550"

Redline on the cam/valve train is 7700 RPM.

I have a tripple Mikuni 44PHH set up with 37mm chokes in it right now, but will be switching over to a 45mm TWM fuel injection set-up a down the road a bit.

The car is mainly a track day car at this point, but I still drive the car to and from - because I don't want to buy a truck and a trailer. <_<

I've been running the Clifford header and true dual 2" pipes for several years... I have 2 4" round Magnaflow's in the tunnel and two 5X7" oval Magnaflow's in the rear to keep things quiet.

The main question is, are these primaries too big? If so, is what is my best header alternative?