HybridZ

l28et fuel injector + megasquirt+ extra fuel injectors??

JonnyZtalk

Hey everyone I wanted to get opinions on if my set up would work I have the stock l28et injectors which I was wondering if anyone knows the specs on them if they will need a resistor and if they are low independent or high independent. Another question I have an extra injector that I was going to put in the cold start injector port for extra fuel does anyone think that this is a bad idea? Keep in mind that I have the ability to tune with the megasquirt

Goals for my car are street/auto X and hopefully around 300-350hp to the crank

thanks,

-jonnyztalk

The injector specs are in the FAQ stickies. You need to search. You can check them though with a multimeter. If you have megasquirt then you should know that. I'll help you out though. They are low impedence and around 260cc/min @36psi.if you want more fuel then up the fuel pressure. As for adding the seventh injector... its called staged injection and yes it can be done. Wire up your primary injectors to bank one, your secondaries to bank 2 and set it up in tunerstudio. You have to use extra code though if I'm not mistaken. Keep in mind though that usually the secondary injectors are much bigger than primaries like the staged injection of starions, their primary is 850cc/min and the secondary is a whopping 1000cc/min !!! I just need to find 5 more starions in the junkyard to have a baddass fuel system.

Edited by kaito

I would use larger injectors for your project, 440cc or higher. Personally I don't think you will need to add the 7th injector. With megasquirt you can use either low impedence or high impedence injectors. Use whichever injectors you can find at a good price. Besides reading up on the megamanual to understand what you need to do. You have to change your megasquirt settings depending on which impedence injector you choose. I would also look up which upgraded injectors will work with your stock manifold in the faq's. There are plenty of options.