HybridZ

Which 302 cars had rearsump pan

Guest jens

Is there others than the 79-? mustang that use the rearsump pan. Like gran torino or ranchero. Is there anyone who knows a link to a ford webpage with 302 block and head codes

Guest Anonymous

It would be great to find a rear sump oil pan, either after market or bone yard. This would make for easer r&r. All the pans I've seen for sale have been front sump or double humpers..I've only looked in Summit and Jegs though. I'm about to take a double hump pan and cut holes in it and reweld another sheet across the bottom and sides to make a big rear sump.

Brian

Guest JAMIE T

Where is the oil pump on those vans? The only reason for the double hump pans is to clear the oil pump in the front. Oil pump is in the front. I'm going to fab a new cross member for the steering rack and use a full sumped pan like tube chassis cars use on my 351 powered Z.

I believe all the SBF oil pans will either be double hump, or front sump, but no rear sump only. The oil pump on all the SBF engines is up front, so the small hump on the double humps is for the pump itself, then the pickup tube is extended so that it picks up the oil in the back larger sump.

• 3 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Any of the Fox-body Fords (T-bird, Cougar, Mustang, Capri, Granada, Fairmont) plus some trucks used the double sump pan. www.fomoco.com has folks that can help you decode engine parts. Ask for Mr. F in the General forum.

I've got a 351W that is marked as having come out of an '82 Econoline, and it's got a rear-sump oil pan. the oil pump is in the front and it just has a long pickup that goes all the way to the back of the pan. Looks like it should drop into my '75 pretty easily! :D

Gene