HybridZ

Is there a difference between Z32 TT 5spds?

Mack

I am in the middle of pulling a trans because the clutch pivot broke within 200 miles of installing a stage 3++ south bend clutch. THe car is a 1995 300ZXTT, and I have a 1991 300ZXTT parts car with a completely rebuilt trans and a rod knock. According to car-part.com, the trans are different between 90 and 91, and 92 to 95, with 96 having their own listing as well.

Is the gearing different? Diff sensors? Any idea? I would like to know this before I go ahead and rip the 91 out. thanks in advance!

Minor improvements but nothing to keep it from being done. Swap at will.

Did you break the casting where the pivot mounts or did you just snap the head off? It shouldn't be hard to swap just the pivot and save yourself a transmission pull. You might want to look into THIS.

The head snapped off of the pivot. The trans that's in the car right now (the 95) was on its way out anyway. It had grinds in almost every gear, and you really had to baby it to get it NOT to grind. As I said, the trans in the parts car was completely rebuilt less than 10K ago, so I think its in my best interest to swap it anyway.