HybridZ

Installing brake line locks

Can the brake pressure differential warning light be bypassed?

My line lock only allows for one line in, and one line out. I've searched and cant find an answer.. I drew a picture of how the brakes will be set up.

if anyone has a suggestion on how to run the lines with the original warning light switch please post an ms paint drawing, this things boggling my mind on what would be "safest"

post-18667-045028400 1338254130_thumb.jpg

Edited by Robftw

I think there is a proportioning valve in the 1977 brake light switch. If not, its on the firewall near the switch.

That's the part im getting hung up on, the one on the firewall is a full blown proportioning valve, the one on the cars engine bay fender is also a type of proportioning valve, it also has the warning light switch in it.. if fluid goes to the fronts or rears more than the other the piston inside moves and trips it.

However, it has 1 in, 2 front outs and 1 rear out.. I don't know if i can just remove it entirely. It's already unplugged and has been like that for 2 years now.

Don't get hung up on the switch valve. Either use it or chuck it. If it has been disconnected then you dont have to use it. You are thinking too hard. Study those pictures I talked to you about in my thread on this subject. If you want to do the minimum amount of tubing work, keep the switch valve just copy my set up. If you want to eliminate you switch valvethen run the line lock solenoid from the front brakes port on the MC then come off that outlet with a T fitting and run one line to each front brake line. Splice in with little coupling from you parts store.

Edited by RebekahsZ