HybridZ

"shortie" spark plugs

Hi Guys,

I recently took delivery of this 350 based 240Z and have been sorting out a number of issues. I'm getting ready to pull the plugs. Thus far, I've learned it's running:

Dbl hump heads, 268H Cam, 625 AFB carb, dual plane air-gap w/1/2" spacer, wrapped headers, MSD Pro billet distributor with a 6AL "sparkie" box. (all new stuff). The initial timing looks to be 16 deg.

The PO has installed Accel 576S plugs (short header style). I've never been a fan of this brand. I know our options may be limited due to the tight header and heat related issues.

So, what are my options in keeping with the "shortie" or header style plug?

Happy motoring today!

Edited by Scarab73

You can use Autolite racing plug AR### whish is short. If you are tuning and need to read the plugs then use NGK racing they also come short and have a chrome like finish and are easier to read. They come in different heat ranges so you will need to know what range you need.

John

Hi Guys,

I recently took delivery of this 350 based 240Z and have been sorting out a number of issues. I'm getting ready to pull the plugs. Thus far, I've learned it's running:

Dbl hump heads, 268H Cam, 625 AFB carb, dual plane air-gap w/1/2" spacer, wrapped headers, MSD Pro billet distributor with a 6AL "sparkie" box. (all new stuff). The initial timing looks to be 16 deg.

The PO has installed Accel 576S plugs (short header style). I've never been a fan of this brand. I know our options may be limited due to the tight header and heat related issues.

So, what are my options in keeping with the "shortie" or header style plug?

Happy motoring today!