HybridZ

NZR: Anyone in Tuscon AZ to inspect a Triumph?

zero

Here's the deal. My girlfriend and her mother are trying to get her father the car he had in his 20's, a Triumph GT6. The problem is that these are fairly rare in the US, and finding a reasonably clean or rust free one is pretty difficult. I have found what appears to be a decent one for about the right price in Tuscon, AZ.

I know most of you aren't Triumph experts, but we're all pretty knowledgeable car guys here and everyone knows what a poor rust repair looks like and would feel any glaring mechanical issues on a drive around the block. Would anyone on here be willing to help my girlfriend and I out by looking at a car for us. We'd be more than happy to cover gas/time/beer.

I've attached a pic of the car in question for reference. Thanks in advance!

-Will

5Ne5K55Ja3F33I93J2c5o2029cb80627c13a5.jpg

Edited by zero

Big thanks to CGSHEEN who took a look at the car for us! He gave a detailed (and very positive) review and it looks like we're going to get it.

I was actually wondering how those who have bought cars from far away have done the transaction. I was thinking either a certified check or paypal for some percentage of the sale price and the seller could mail the signed title to us. Once the title was transferred and the paperwork was in order, I could paypal/certified check the difference once the car was released to the shipper.

Does this sound about right? Does anyone have preferred shippers? Any other suggestions?

Thanks again to the best forum in the world.