HybridZ

LS1 dual-single 3"

Fuzzydicerule

Hey all, now that my LS1 swap is running and driving i can finally focus on my exhaust.

A few days ago i ordered the lot

2x4' lengths of 3" tubing

1x dual 3" -> Single 3" Magnaflow y pipe

1x Moroso Spiral Flow

1x 3" in, dual 2.5 out Thrush chambered muffler

2x Cherrybomb Dual wall 3" outside, 2.5" inside Polished stainless tips

3x 3" butt joint band clamps

Annoyingly, everything but the band clamps showed up yesterday, otherwise the exhaust would be done and on the car right now, but in the down time i decided to do this

Since i was going for the 432 style vertical tips, the spacing of the outlets on the muffler just wasnt going to do, it was way too far apart and the mockup looked rediculous

WLK-17661_BK.jpg

I determined that the side of the 2nd (top) pipe should be about even with the base of the cone at the end of the first,

So i pulled out my trusty plasma cutter (after my bandsaw did little more than scratch the case) and i ruined my muffler.

photo43.jpg

and a quick mock up of the new spacing

photo45.jpg

and due to being distracted and the wonders of television, here is the finished project. Nothing really to see, just welding it in place and filling the holes.

I also had to cut the tips quite a bit, which was a pain, but i cut the entire shank off of the top one, and about an inch past that on the bottom one to get them to stagger a bit.

photo44.jpg

Unfortunately that is it for now, more pics to come on my next day off when i get the exhaust built.

• 1 month later...