HybridZ

What kind of wheel is this?

The only wheel data I can find is at zparts.com and it wasn't a big help. Here are 2 pictures of wheels at a local parts yard that will be soon recycled. Are they junk or worth saving? Both styles have all four wheels, no curb rash but very dirty. Photo355.jpg

No idea what these are. Kinda neat though.

Photo356.jpgThe second picture may be Western Cyclones or ARE hurricane? How do you tell? Is one better than the other? Why do some people call these 'turbines'? A nickname?

Edited by Heroez

I've seen both of those in the 60's and 70's. Both are old school and might not be more than 7 inches wide. Are they worth buying? If they are complete and cheap... sure. The bottom style I've seen on '70s muscle cars as a dealer installed option. Sorry no idea of manufacturer.

g

$15 each wheel. Each style has 4 wheels. The bottom picture has 4 center caps. Maybe a scratch or two but no curb damage. Any demand for them? I don't mind saving them, but don't want to store them forever. I think the bottom one is 14x7 not sure on the top photo wheels.

Edited by Heroez

Id be interested in the Western wheels. Right now I have the stock steel wheels with factory hub caps. I wouldnt need the center caps, I would just use the Z ones I have. What are you looking to get for them? I am up in Western NC about an hour North of Greenville SC and about 2 1/2-3 hours from NE ATL.

I took a look at the turbines. someone screwed the center caps into the wheel, so it will have those holes in them. Zoom in you may see. One has a nick on the edge. I will go back this weekend and take pictures of all 4, and let you see them.