HybridZ

How to strip down a diff?

BLKMGK

I need to strip the LSD out of an R230 to ship along with an Armada diff for assembly. To save on shipping I want to only send the needed parts out rather than both full diffs. Currently I have the cover off of one diff and have removed the flange off the front and both stubs from the sides. I have also removed the caps to expose the bearing underneath. Now what? Does the pinion need to be pressed out somehow to remove the LSD and ring gear? I'll be needing to remove the ring as well which I don't think will be a big deal. I've witnessed plenty of 8.8 Ford diffs R&Rd but it's been years and I want to be gentle with this sucker so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Thank you! that was exactly what I needed. I didn't want to be too rough on it without having a clue as to whether or not something else needed to be pushed or pulled - had a hard enough time finding this at a decent price!

Can anyone confirm for that this is indeed a VLSD? finally got it torn apart and want to be 100% sure before I ship this and the other heavy beast out of state :-)

It had a 3.69 gear on it that was easy to remove. hopefully won't be wanting that anytime soon!

post-46-047878900 1341605511_thumb.jpg

post-46-079705000 1341605513_thumb.jpg