HybridZ

Marathon V8Z Status (and something for you guys to laugh at

Pete,

I dont think your cam is toooo BIG; if I remember correctly you were thinking about a much bigger cam prior to this choice.

I think you have chosen wisely! Cant wait to hear about your first test drive.

Be sure to initiate your son to the garage by applying war paint (HD Axle grease) on his nose & cheeks...then say something like, "There's no substitute for Cubic Inches".., then do some [secret hand shake] only you & he knows-then let'em know he's now an official mechineck's apprentice: maybe give him a shirt collar pin of a car.

I think its cool for him/you bonding w/cars in the garage. I have a nephew that used to sleep w/hotwheels & cried all night long if you didnt allow him to sleep w/five of his "chosen" hotwheels. Seriously, he wouldnt go to sleep; all night long he'ld cry until you let him pick his favorite cars...yea-guess you can say he's doomed to the hobby.

At age three-he'ld watch NASCAR races on Sunday from beginning to the end. He's now 5 & if you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up-he'll tell ya he wants to be a Race Car Driver in Texas...not so sure just racing in Texas is gonna get him anywhere-but it's cute to ask him & listen for his response.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Kevin, that was the cam I had initially decided on, but the first Comp Cams Help line guy tried to talk me into the smaller one. Got it today - the driver was all wide eyed as he handed me the box and we were cleaning the engine block on the stand, and then asked if it was going in the Z. icon_biggrin.gif

If I ever find a pre-77 Volvo 240, I'll be doing a Chevolvo for my DD. icon_biggrin.gif

Pete I saw a Volvo with an LT1 in it at Carlisle not too many years ago. Saw it zip down the street WOT a little later too. Nothing weirder in this world than to hear those sounds and see a VOLVO all twisted up accelerating past you like that! Talk about weird! Not sure it was terribly fast but it sure was neat to look at icon_smile.gif I think it would make a wonderful daily driver...

P.S. Pete, why are you looking for a 77 or older? Last I checked diesals (sp?) weren't required to pass emissions anywhere around here icon_biggrin.gif Winter is coming, I'm sure there will be plenty of folks with these suckers upset when they begin to have problems starting if compression has dropped. Buy one for a song and convert it over the Winter perhaps? icon_biggrin.gif

[ October 14, 2001: Message edited by: BLKMGK ]