HybridZ

The pedal thread

MrKrispy1183

An oft-used, but not oft-modified area of our cars (I now understand why). I remember seeing that the "popular" pedal covers to use were the super-long Momo ones that Motorsport used to sell (there are still several sets on eBay). I wasn't fond of that set, and wanted a look that was more uniquely "me" and went with my whole resto-mod styling planned for the car. Here's my setup:

275f4156cc3c11e1bef722000a1e8bb5_7.jpg

08915c46d10a11e18a5b22000a1cbb38_7.jpg

Not the greatest picture, but I went with the Mooneyes Large barefoot (since I saw that I would be as long/longer than the stock accelerator pedal), and Razo pieces for the brake and clutch pedals. Those smaller ones were an easy install, but the Moon unit, geeeez. Had it for a while before I pulled the actual pedal assembly out of the car and brainstormed how to make it work

Edited by MrKrispy1183

326.jpg

The accelerator was a total pain in the ass to install, finding the best combo of angle, no rubbing, and straightness of holes to be drilled. Should have just welded in a flat plate to the curved pedal surface...

Edited by Oddmanout84

Nice! Question for you, and I guess everybody in general, what's the best way to reattach the ball joint of the accelerator pedal assembly back to the throttle linkage? I have bolted everything back in place, but have yet to get everything connected (since I'm still waiting on a new master cylinder and a few other things to start driving her again)

Edited by MrKrispy1183