HybridZ

A/C Thermostat Cycling Switch for S30

Hey All,

I have a 1976 S30 and need advice on getting an ample replacement A/C Thermostat / Cycling switch to work with the stock AC system.

This is the switch circuit that has a capillary tube that is inserted into the AC evaporator, and is part of the circuit that turns the compressor on and off.

Have any of you found an aftermarket part that fits under the stock dash and works with the stock S30 AC system?

Am certain OEM part is long NLA, but would consider picking up a used one if anyone has a confirmed working unit.

I'll do some online research too, but am hoping I'm not the only one that has had this problem.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

You might try Old Air Products. I needed an upgrade for my suction throttling valve and they sold me a thermostat that clipped to the evaporator and controlled the compressor. They also had a neat kit to bypass the suction throttling valve by changing out the internals and leaving the body in place preserving the "stock" appearance