HybridZ

76 280z in Brandon, MS

I just bought this car on Saturday and got it back home. Replenishing funds now so I can begin working on it.

If anyone has any guidance on what I should be doing, let me know. I'm a little low on vehicular knowledge at present, but am actively learning with this project.

Things I know I need to research:

- Dash swaps (not interested in the cap it has) or refurbishing. Interested in other car dashes if they can be coerced to go in.

- "New" panels/doors, fiberglass or otherwise. If a reproduction part exists for any body panel, I'm interested in knowing about it.

- General information with regard to tackling rust issues.

But anyhow, check it out.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3997924

Oh my what a story. I would be a little concerned on your rust issues. Either there is a lot of rust hidden or they did a bad job prepping it. Do you know how long it has been since it has been painted?

You might have rust in your tank too. I would change the fuel filter and install an inline fuel gauge so u can actually see what the pressure is.

Oh my what a story. I would be a little concerned on your rust issues. Either there is a lot of rust hidden or they did a bad job prepping it. Do you know how long it has been since it has been painted?

You might have rust in your tank too. I would change the fuel filter and install an inline fuel gauge so u can actually see what the pressure is.

It was painted before the prior owner purchased it ~5 years prior. That's all the information I could get out of the guy about that. I plan on, once I fix whatever's wrong with the existing engine/fuel line/(we'll see), stripping the car down to bare metal so I can get the body right.

Is there a particular rust issue that you're concerned about, or just in general?