HybridZ

Modern Gas Cap

I was told by my engineer I needed to modernise mine so that my modifications would comply with our local regulations. I took the filler and cap from a 280zx and modified (welded) the bend to suit the S30. I also had to redrill the mounting bolts around the filler ring to match the S30. Other than that it works a treat. The only trick is sealing the weld so it doesn't rust using a paint that won't disolve when fuel hits it.

I actually think he was wrong but it was easier to do the modification rather than argue with an "Expert".

I know here in Cali with the vapor recovery, it doesnt work. It wont latch on and seal, at least for me. So a fill up is kinda sketchy

That part is annoying, but vapor recovery has fallen out of favor, and now we wait for

stations to remove the fancy nozzles that they were mandated to install. The postive

side, depending on your outlook, is that SMOG test stations appear generally appear

not to bother with buying the bayonet vacuum test cap, and usually just make that

part of the bi-annual check as 'Not Tested'