HybridZ

Sources for 17" wheels?

Wondering if you guys know some sources for 16-17" 4 bolt wheels for the S30?

I'm looking to get some decent wheels 17x7-8, rota(ish) in the next day or two and would like to see what options there are for a 240Z with coilovers.

I'd be somewhat interested in the right set (for the right price) if I had to use a small spacer.

Also, if anyone has anything for sale (HINT HINT) let me know ;)

P.S.S. This might make a good sticky thread if it gets some replies?

Thanks

- Tyson

Edited by tyson

Wheel fitment has been covered many times over. Measure your car to find out what backspacing you require and go from there. 4.5 inches of backspacing seems to be a good number with coilovers. Some like to go with more and use a small spacer to get the fitment right where they want it.

There are charts to roughly convert between backspacing and offset. Backspace is the number that matters.

Also, make sure the center bore is large enough to accommodate your front hubs. You'll likely not be able to use whatever center cap the wheels come with up front.

Search and you will find your answers :)

Check the wheel thread, 70 or 80 some odd pages of wheels on z's, much of which are 16-17's.

That's the thing, I've been digging through the pages, but it takes a lot of time and often there aren't links to where to find the wheels in our sizes. Would be nice if this subforum had a FAQ.

Good to see you back in a Z. Long time.

Check the group buy, there is a 17 x 9 buy in there.

All the faqs got moved to there own subforum.

Thanks man, just wishing I could drive it right now! I found the rota buy, hoping I can get some wheels soon.

This forum seriously does need a FAQ for wheels because it is a very common problem, and hard to source -correct- information. It took me probably two hours of digging through threads to find out what sized wheels/tires will fit my 240Z with coilovers and not require flares.

God-forbid you have to spend 2 hours sitting at home browsing on your computer. Oh the humanity!!! :P

I wonder what we did before the internet...

Life was easier back then, if it wasn't in a catalog and the local club didn't know they just didn't exist.

And, time spent digging through hundreds of posts is time that I could spend ordering the wheels and doing something much more productive, or at least something much more fun.