HybridZ

Clutch Master Cylinder thread/size

xxjoeyxxeb

Hey guys,

I bought a new clutch master from rockauto and I got one of the aftermarkets with a shorter pushrod. Does anyone either know where to buy a master with the correct length pushrod, and the part number. OR does anyone know the thread size so i can try to buy a threaded coupling and allthread to extend the current one I bought? I will not be around my car for at least a week, thus why I cant get te thread size myself. Thanks for your help!

I don't think I have it. Ill have to go through my parts boxes again.

Go to pick and pull and get a clutch MC for your Z. You may be able to directly swap the Z push rod into the after market clutch MC. For example, I was able to swap the push rod from my stock 240Z clutch MC into a Tilton clutch MC eliminating the need to fab/modify a push rod. The Tilton bolted on and connected to the Z clutch pedal like stock.

• 3 weeks later...

In for hopefully

1) a resolution to this type of problem

and

2) a measurement for the stock pushrod length (Ideally from the MC flange to the clevis pin-hole).

I've been beating my head against a wall trying to get more than 1/4" of travel out of my slave cylinder for weeks now (intermittently). I can guarantee there is no air in the system, both the MC & SC are new (from Rockauto incidentally).