HybridZ

S30 Suspension Technique Lowering Springs

This may be an anomoly Ive run across, but I have 3 sets of Suspension Technique Lowering Springs all for S30's.

They seem to be color coded. Maybe they are maybe they are not.

The Yellows and the Blues, seem to be about the same stiffness and height. The Yellows may be slightly softer its hard to tell. The Blacks though are ridged! They are stiffer than my Cosmo EVOII racing coil overs on my 260Z! All other components being the same. Energy suspension bushings and Illumina shocks being my main comparisons. The Yellows lower the car but seem to retain a close to stock ride(almost plush). The blues might be 280Z as they lower the car but the front sits slightly higher than Id expect. The ride is slightly stiffer than stock. The Blacks though are the stiffest riding on rails springs I have ever had in a Z.

All three sets still have their Suspension Technique stickers intact so Im fairly positive they are in fact correctly branded.

All three also seem to lower the cars about the same amount. I initially thought maybe the color was just a bling factor.

Anyone else run into this? I also have a set of Yellow Suspension Technique lowering springs from a 280ZXT Id like to find the spring rates on.

Suspension Technique doesnt seem to list anything.

• 4 weeks later...