HybridZ

WTB: Shock tube cap / strut mount (2)

shadowbane

Hello,

I am looking to pick up a set of two, or more if that is what the seller requires, strut tube "caps." I don't know what they are really called or what the part number is, but they are the cog shaped pieces that screw into the top of the strut tower and hold the shock in place. Here is a picture to reference. They are the pieces on top.

post-2883-041048100 1347906886_thumb.jpg

Edited by shadowbane

The nuts are usually specific to the shock/strut and new struts come with their own nuts. If you're buying new struts you'll get new nuts. If you're re-fitting old struts you'll need to specify the brand to get the right nut. The nut fits around the top of the strut to center it in the bore.

Two forty z strut tubes or two eighty z struts? I have some 240z strut caps that I don't need. Give me a price and they are yours.

And newzed, you are half right, there are different sizes for early and late strut types but if you section your casings and order shorter struts that are from different cars, the cap sizes will probably be too small. I had to use my old caps for the 280 tubes with my shorter struts.

Thanks for the replies, it is for a 1975 280Z. I am sectioning the struts, but lost a pair of the nuts for the front struts. Will they still screw in when the strut is sectioned? If anyone knows someone with a parts car or a site that sells them I would really appreciate it. The struts I received did not come with strut caps.

Thanks,

Ramsey