HybridZ

Nissan H30 engine...

itsadatsun240z

Ok soooo I've spent the last few days watching the Wangan Midnight manga series.

Yes this is where the infamous "Devil Z" came from.

In one of the later episodes as Akio Asakura is rebuilding the L28 engine the character who originally built the engine tells him that the secret to the cars power/performance is a crankshaft designed for a 3.0L/3.1L and the rest is basically standard Nissan internals.

Now I know this is fantasy/make believe however I was curious about which 3.0L/3.1L inline 6 cylinder engines Nissan had produced. The first one obviously that popped into my head was the RB30 due to my interest in R.I.P.S. and their RB30/26 hybrids.

Upon digging a little deeper I stumbled across the H30 engine which was made alongside the L-Series engine (ie: same model years)

The H30 is a 3.0 L (2,974 cc) straight-6 version produced from 1965. Bore was 83 mm (3.3 in), and stroke was a long 100 mm (3.9 in), producing a very undersquare design. Output was a low-revving 120 hp (97 kW) and 173 lb·ft (235 Nm). The H30 is basically an H20 with 2 extra cylinders.

Applications:

1965 Nissan President H150

1966-1976 Nissan C80

This motor is used in large forklifts

The H30 and L24/26/28 share a uniqueness in that just like the L24/26/28 is Nissan's 4 cylinder L20b with 2 extra cylinders the H30 is basically an H20 with two extra cylinders.

My question is does anyone have any specs on the crankshaft of the H30? I know the LD28 can be used for a stroker engine, could the H30 crankshaft also be used as a stroker option?

I'm obviously not adept on the subject so I rely on the input of those of you who have built numerous engines over the years.

Thanks for any input on the subject :)