HybridZ

Can I use these o2 sensors for a wide band meter?

Kurbycar32

A friend of mine gave me a header for my L28 motor complete with 2 bungs for oxygen sensors. By chance I have two brand new Bosch o2 sensors #13612 that I purchased for a 1997 Ford Ranger. I don't know much about oxygen sensors except what they do, are these something I can use with a wide band o2 meter? Or even better can I light these up with power and watch the resistance change on a regular meter to tune my carbs? Thanks

Found this link with a good explanation on differences between o2 sensors:

http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/wide-band-oxygen-sensors

It seems that because my sensor is a "downstream" sensor (meaning behind the catalytic converter) its almost certainly a narrow band sensor.

Several years ago I needed a single sensor for my '97 Ranger and found a 3 pack on eBay selling for about 30 bucks. I made the purchase thinking "o2 sensors for life!" but then my wife wrecked the truck and the other 2 sensors have been lying around ever since. I guess ill just hawk them back on eBay, ill probably still make a profit.