HybridZ

280zxt cv swap

280z4me2

Couldnt find my answer and going to pick these up tonight. Guy claims they are 280zxt cv shafts. Bolt look to be similar length and have 6 bolt flanges. What is the difference between turbo and not turbo cv shafts?

Also, this adapter is currently being made by a friend of mine at a machine shop. Has anyone here made these within these specs? Any issues? http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/34969-cv-adapter-print/page__p__452891__hl__%2Badapter+%2Bdrawing__fromsearch__1#entry452891

On the 280zx they should universal joints. On the 280zxt they us CV. I'm not aware of standard CV for the ZX except turbo. At least for the states. If they have 6 bolts and are CVs they should be for the ZXT.

The 300zx has both turbo and non-turbo CVs.

Pretty sure I've seen NA ZX's with CV half-shafts and seen it reported on other forums, and picked up a diff myself with CV shafts that the guy pulled from his NA ZX. Maybe it was an option, or an upgrade.

But, even so, there appears to only one type of CV half-shaft available for the ZX's, so irrelevant unless you're looking for CV's.

"If" you can get a hold of him: http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=63

Not sure if anyone else makes these. Maybe AZ Zcar, not sure though. They (MM) used to have cheaper ones, where you sent your 280z companion flanges in and they mated them to their 280zxt adapter. Don't see them anymore.

Additionally, you will need 280z 27 spline stub axles for the above route.