HybridZ

Need Help with wiring

JacobsZ

How many pin HEI module are you using? What distributor are you using? I'm curious myself, I have a 4 pin HEI on my car, i'm waiting on my megasquirt II to come back I had to send it away for repair/evaluation and I'm curious what is wrong with it, my injectors were staying open. In the mean time I bought a relay board and re did all my wiring. Currently I have everything wired up and from what i understand on my setup i have to tap into the 5v ref signal out of the relay board and my spark output from MS relay board goes to the trigger on the HEI, also tapped into the 5v ref. I've read if you don't use the 5v ref with the trigger wire the signal out of MS isn't strong enough to make the HEI fire the coil but I need a solid answer myself. I'll have to go out in the garage and see what the pins are on the HEI. I currently do not have the spark ouput connected to the relay board until I get a definite answer on what slot it goes to and what setting in megatune I use, whether I use Low or High inverted. I think I need low i'm using MSII pcb 3.57

If you are using MS1 Extra, it has provisions for driving your coil directly. In other words, there's no need for an HEI. Have you found the 280ZX turbo install article at DIYAutoTune yet?

Check here, this may answer a lot of your questions: http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_280zx_turbo.htm

I'm back. Well please disregard what I said I had on my post because I got my ecu back and have no fire.

When I turn my key on and MSII gets its initial power from key on, I see one spark, when I go to crank I see one spark but nothing after that. Strange thing is it had spark the day I sent it back to get looked at i was having injector problems.

Have you made any headway? I'm trying to get fire on mine with an off the shelf assembled unit, without modifying or jumping anything. I'll keep trying and let you know if I get any further.