HybridZ

rb25 NEO6 boost control solenoid

rayaapp2

I know the engine will run without this item.

I dont know exactly what it does except maybe prevent overboost. Im just guessing here. I am planning on running the engine stock and incorporating all that I can. Even the Purge control and carbon canister.

Well, My engine is missing the boost control solenoid completely. It was cut from the harness. So I am on the hunt for one.

Does anyone know if the boost control solenoid is the same solenoid used on the Series 1 or 2 engines? A lot of the NEO 6 stuff seems to unique so Im worried that this part is as well and there are so few of them out here state side Im not very hopeful I will get an answer as Im sure most of us here just delete such things.

Ray

Ray,

You may remember my experience. My Series 1 rb did not come with the boost solenoid and supplier shook their heads at me when I asked for it later. I ended up with a manual boost controller.

Excited to hear you have a NEO6!!!

Bill

Ray,

You may remember my experience. My Series 1 rb did not come with the boost solenoid and supplier shook their heads at me when I asked for it later. I ended up with a manual boost controller.

Excited to hear you have a NEO6!!!

Bill

You can run without it on the Series 1 and 2. At least Ive been able to run those with no ill effects.

I had the stock one on my Series 2 and did not notice a difference with it connected or disconnected.

The NEO is a different animal though in a lot of ways and Im not sure, but Id say this might be one of those differences. I cannot find any pictures of that solenoid on the net for the NEO motor. I do have a Profec B spec II ready to go though. The stock controller though I believe is a fine tuning device not what actually controls ultimate boost pressure. Sort of a spike preventer. Just my guessing from what Ive seen of these motors.