HybridZ

Alternate Engines

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Patrick,

have you ever thought about going for something a little different. I know you said that by increasing capacity it will be difficult to register but how about

- Lexus V8 (all alloy 4L quad cam)

- Nissan V8 (my dream)

- 7M-GTE - (3L DOHC turbo toyota motor)

- Or even non-turbo RB25 with variable cam timing (make 154Kw standard)

I'm tossing up what to throw in my 240 at the moment so keep me informed of what you do.

Guest Anonymous

q45 is a vh engine...... only automatic transmissions available for it, no other transmissions fit on it. Unless jap/oz/nz got a vh powered car that was available with a stick? All vh powered cars in US are auto only(Only q45 has vh engine in the US).

I'd go with a turbocharged rb engine. The jza80 supra engine would be my next choice. Both have readily available 5 and 6 speed manuals and both are dead reliable and have tons of aftermarket support. And most importantly, both can do 300+ horsepower bone stock without hardly even trying.

I'd go with the rb engine just to keep it Nissan, but what do I know.

------------------

Morgan

http://z31.com/~morgan/s30

http://carfiche.com

Guest Anonymous

i have pretty much considerds every engine available for this swap and the more i look into it the more i find how difficult it will be for certain engines.

As you know the L28 bolts directly onto the original mounts and the only other engine that comes close is the rb25 and the rb30. They do not bolt directly on but new engine mounts do not have to be fabricated, just some adaptor plates for the original mounts.

Pretty much every other engine requires some major engine bay changes. ultimately i am looking for something that i can push hard on weekends but still drive daily....the joys of a turbo motor with adjustable boost control.

At first i will probably buy a front cut and fit the engine stock standard with standard ECu just to get it registered. Then after that phase is payed off i plan to work it more, fit FMIC, BOV, Head work.....etc...etc

good luck with whatever engine you choose....i think it will be a matter of flipping a coin to see if i go L28T or Rb25DET..

Patrick.

Guest Anonymous

i had the pleasure of driving a jap import series 4 rx7 with a 20B TT. this car was in the 300k/h club in japan and i got to drive it for about 45 minutes between my work and my boss's house. Damn crazy!!!!!! this thing would break into wheelspin if you tromped it in 4th and 5th gear. It was fun but it was also one of the most difficult cars i have ever driven!!

• 2 weeks later...