HybridZ

It finally runs! MS1 V3.0, MSnS

OhBilly

Just want to say thanks to everybody who has helped me out with my issues. I appreciate all of your help.

As far as lessons learned, I learned that I wasn't the great solderer I thought I was. My first trouble was not being able to load firmware onto the CPU, and the culprit there ended up being a solder bridge on the MAX232. The second trouble was a failure of the bank 2 injectors to fire, and the culprit there ended up being solder bridges on several of the tiny transistors that make up the injector driver circuit. I thought I was being ultra-careful soldering those damn things, but I botched it up nonetheless.

But now it's running pretty good. I still have to hook up the wideband O2 and get to tuning it, but right now it's starting, idling and running well enough to drive it around close to home.

Cheers,

Bill

This might be a noob question but did you have to modify your MSI v3.0 board to run MSnS?

Nothing out of the ordinary. The board is setup to run MSnS, so any modifications are easily done. The main issue is that you have to have the MSExtra code uploaded to the ECU. Much more information can be found here: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html#ms1

The modifications necessary to get it running with the ZXT dizzy are very straightforward and can be found here: http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_articles/how_to_megasquirt_your_280zx_turbo.htm

Hope this helps.