HybridZ

Turbo water lines

2eighTZ4me

My thermostatic fan switch is mounted at the back of the head behind #6 where the water normally goes out to feed the heater core. I'm going to be moving that up to the bottom side of the thermostat housing. I'm thinking that, for my turbo, I need to pull water from the back of the head > turbo > and return it back to the bottom of the thermostat housing as well. Is this sound judgement, or what are my other routing options (without going into a fabricators nightmare).

There is discussion in the cooling thread about coolant line routing: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/59029-head-cooling-on-cylinder-5-solutions/

For my old setup, I pulled from a tap between #5 and #6 (IIRC) and returned it to the feed side of the water pump. I had blocked off the port that goes to the heater core and removed that return line. You could return it to the lower side of the T-stat housing though. I did not because I also had a tap between #3 and #4 that I returned to that spot.