HybridZ

A simple solution and alternative to cutting facias for wide front wheels!

I'm not sure if anyone's done this as I searched and couldn't find anything...

my fronts are 15x10 -25 on a 225/50/15.

I didn't want to cut the facia and trim the fiberglass fender as many do. I had to significantly raise the front to not rub and i like a semi low ride height. A friend of mine (some of you may know him by JSP, famous in the ae86 world) figured it out after applying the old ae86 trick of making brackets to push the fenders out.

This nut between the body and headlight bucket (?) effectively pushes out the front of the fender and allowed me to easily lower the ride height and have plenty of clearance. You could push it out even more with some washers. The bolt usually just screws into the bucket, so all this is doing is spacing it out.

The downside is the headlights from the front are slightly cocked to the side, and unless you look for it, you don;t really notice.

Hope this helps some of you out! I'll get some more pics of the extra room and cocked headlight.

photo-61.jpg

Haha, no way would this be enough for my fronts to clear.

Cool if you just had a slight issue though.

You can space it out with washers, probably a significant amount

FWIW, when I put the wheels on and was at its current ride height, I couldn't turn the wheel more than like 90 degrees as it would completely push on the whole fender flare. im 5 collar rotations up from that now with the spacer and have plenty of room

Edited by SDgoods