HybridZ

fidanza flywheel with stock clutch

The Crusher

Does anyone know if using a stock clutch with a fidanza aluminum flywheel is ok. I heard you need to use a performance clutch with a lighten flywheel, but I'm not sure why. Any information would be great. I searched the forum but couldn't find what I was looking for. It's going in a 71 240, with a 5 speed, f54 block, flat top pistons, p90 head, and a stage 2 cam.

I've read both as well but it seems more like a liability. They tell you not to use the stock clutch but don't tell you what qualifies as a proper clutch for the application. That way they can't be held liable for anything that happens regardless of what clutch you use. You pretty much have to warn people that they should never use your product under any circumstances these days, people lack tremendous grasp of the obvious.

Thanks for the reply Leon. I already had a new stock clutch waiting to go in when I bought the flywheel. Then I heard or read it somewhere that it was a bad combo. I guess I'll find out after I put it in. :D Like you said, it should be fine.

I've got the same clutch/flywheel combo sitting in my garage, waiting to be installed. What clutch you go with depends on how much torque you're putting through it, not the flywheel.

I've read both as well but it seems more like a liability. They tell you not to use the stock clutch but don't tell you what qualifies as a proper clutch for the application. That way they can't be held liable for anything that happens regardless of what clutch you use. You pretty much have to warn people that they should never use your product under any circumstances these days, people lack tremendous grasp of the obvious.

:D