HybridZ

Tail lights out but turn signals work

Hello, my brake lights recently went out again after i had fixed them with a new ground. There is no power to the brake switch. The brake lights dont come on when i turn my headlights on. All my fuses are good, and i even replaced the hazard switch because a mystery smoke was coming from my dash cover and stopped around the same time. Although i put the appropriate fuses back in because previous owner had 30 amps in there. The bulbs are good because i had to replace them before. I have gone through about 20 pages looking through thread after thread so i felt it was appropriate to start one for my help, and the sake of others.

Had same problem and it turned out to be burned contacts in my headlight combination switch. Cleaned the contacts and problem was solved. Are your dash lights out to? Take the plastic cover off your steering column and remove the combo switch. Then carefully bend open the 4 little tabs on the little combo switch box. Clean burned switch mechanism and reassemble.