HybridZ

Resets during transition from cranking to running

OhBilly

Thats really cool. I'm glad you got it half way narrowed down. I would dare say you'd be ok mounting it back it really sounds as if the issue was in the coil wiring.

Funny, but it's actually the other way around. The next time I started it I got the same goofy resets that I attributed to the coil wiring, but as the car warmed up the resets got farther apart and after a minute or so they were gone completely. The resets may coincide to the LC-1 sensor warming up but I'll have to experiment a little more with it to be sure. Only other thing I can think of is that it was running so rich during ASE and the first part of WUE that it caused an issue with the plugs or wideband. I say this because I did increase the ASE and WUE by a LOT based upon a few other posted settings from HybridZ members that seem to know their stuff. But the best part is that the car just starts right up without a hitch now and runs nice after the first minute or so of resets.

Glad you got to drive your car... I never made it quite that far. But soon...........

Sounds like grounding and noise issues - possibly ground loops. What is your grounding setup?

I using the MS relay board and it is grounded, along with everything else (TPS, IAT, distributor, LC-1) to the threaded hole in the block that sits right below #5 spark plug and above the oil dipstick. Right now I am using two separate lugs there because I don't have a single grounding lug big enough to hold all the wires. I'm using the stock single wire CLT sensor. I also do not have any additional ground wires running anywhere. The relay board case is screw-mounted to the firewall, so that case is grounded there.