HybridZ

Negative TPS Accel?

OhBilly

I had the car parked and was letting the car idle and revving it up a bit while datalogging. I have my accel enrich set to 100% TPS dot. I'm using a 240SX TPS and I believe it is wired the correct way because as I depress the pedal the TPS reading in Megatune increases.

In looking at the datalog, whenever I revved it and got TPS accel to activate, the TPSacc value in my datalog is negative. Is this normal?

EDIT: In searching a bit more, a few other posters had similar issues and it seems this problem is limited to the 029y4 code, which I am using. Is there a fix for this?

Pic attached. Thanks.

Bill

Negative TPS Accel

Edited by OhBilly

Is the TPS enrichment not being applied, or is this just somethign that looks weird?

It doesn't look like it is being applied. I'm getting my decel fuel cut (set at 92% I believe) when I let off the throttle, but I don't see any enrichment being applied. Attached chart is a plot of TPSAcc (RH axis) and GammaE (LH axis). It looks like GammaE is going from 105 to 97 when I let off the throttle, and TPSAcc varies from 100 at baseline to -116 and -400 during throttle stabs. What are the units of TPSAcc?

EDIT: MSQ and datalog attached. The datalog is in .xls format,

post-5955-0-45906900-1354645666_thumb.jpg

Rustbucket MSQ & datalog.zip

Edited by OhBilly

It could be you're just not rolling into the throttle hard enough to trigger it in the positive direction; it looks like it triggered normally later in the log, and you were lifting faster than rolling on throttle.

Also, what's your TPS ADC at closed and wide open throttle.

You might be right Matt. In looking at the log again, I noticed that little blip later in the log that got it to trigger (I accidentally bumped the linkage with my elbow). I don't remember my exact TPS ADC but I think it's somewhere around 20 closed and 210 or 220 at WOT.

I'll post again if I continue to think I'm having issues. Thanks for the help.

Bill