HybridZ

No oil pressure after rebuil

I know other people have had this problem with oil pressure... let me assure you that i have read alot of other post on this issue... for starters, im using a 240 head (e88) and a 280zxt block (f54) with flat top pistons, new oil pump from 280zx that does pull oil when the shaft is spun (just saying that so you know that plth pump does work), new rings, gaskets, new valve stem seals,reseated the valves, etc...etc... have primed the oil pump and filter... my question is this, has anyone had this problem after trying to get pressure after doing that? I have been reading about using a drill to prime the oil passages and I understand how but I'm trying to find out the best/most efficient way of connecting something to the shaft... My thought is to use a spare shaft and remove the gears that spin off of the crank and somehow connect it to the shaft (most likely using a spare distributors lower half then spin it with the drill.... How have people in the past done this? And also I'm using the 240z distributor and shaft for now because I know they both worked before the rebuild... Don't see how it could effect anything because both the distributor and pump are spinning.... I'm not getting any oil from the pressure gauge hole or from the oil filter stud after the priming and turning it over