HybridZ

Replacing 75 280z AFM main plug

Zmanj87

So I bought one of FricFrac wiring harness kits which btw were put together quite nicely. So I took out the AFM and got to the plug and noticed that their are 7 wires connected to the plug and the wires are all white. The one he sent me has 4 wires in it one of them being the ground wire. Now on the OEM are those extra wires not needed or did I accidently receive the wrong kit. This  new plug looks to be from the 280zx kit which seems to be the same one from his video..

The early 280Z's used more pins/wires than the later ones.  The later 280Z's had the pins in the AFM for the fuel pump contact switch but don't use them.  Check the FSM for the wiring for your year of car, you should be able to figure out if you have the wires that you need. 

Edit - I overlooked the "75" in your title.  If your EFI system is stock, you'll need those extra wires for the fuel pump contact switch.  You'll need seven.  Weirdly, for you, I think that even the 280Zx uses five.

Edited by NewZed