HybridZ

Firewall behind driver/passenger

emeraldlion

I have looked through some builds and haven't seen this so I assume there is a reason to not. I was thinking that maybe welding a firewall behind the seats, maybe just forward of the toolboxes would block off some noise and maybe add some stiffness. I don't know that I will ever have a full rollbar or anything like that. If it was cut to fit the car, and stitch welded around the edges to the body, would this be of any benefit, or have I been eating to late again and having weird Z dreams?

You could just run a thick insulator pad to eliminate the noise from the trunk area. Metal is only going to increase the noise alone unless you padded it aswell. I would try some noise barrier insulation and set it back there first to see if it helps and if it does then maybe do both or just the insulation. I am going to try insulation when I get mine done because of the road noise issues. Even padding the toolbox areas would help since noise bounces around in the boxes..