HybridZ

Anyone ordered from www.nissanpartszone.com ever or lately?

motomanmike

In my search for the right rear pinion flange I had a member send me an email with www.nissanpartszone.com.  The site seems very good, nice parts breakdowns and information.  I found my part, created an account and tried to check out.  The site said it was secure, typically I notice the address bar turn green when on a secure payment site this one did not.  It rejected my card. I called my bank.  No balance, no payments due. I had a few things to get on ebay so I tried the same card during paypal checkout.  Everything was fine with it.  So I figured i'd try it one more time.  I was very sure everything was input correctly in the checkout screen.  Same rejection of the order at the end.  Poking around on the site I found a 888 number for customer service and tried calling.  It said this number is no longer in service.  The live chat window on the website has sat here for probably about 30 minutes and no one has responded so I gave up.  Called my bank and put a temporary lock on my card.  I was curious if anyone has used them or ordered from them before with any success, I tried searching the site and didn't come up with any hits on the web url

I tried ordering a part when they said it was available, later declined the order when they could not get it. If your part number shows up on Nissan's system, they will say they can get it, only later do you find that the part is NLA from Nissan. If you check around their website, you will find they have similar sites for Hyundai, Honda, Ford, etc.

I would classify them as an Etail aggregator much the same as Drudge is a news aggregator.

Good to know.  I've taken the proper steps to protect myself if they are illegitimate.  My bank called me shortly after and said they tried to run the card again.  Glad I put a lock on the account.  I'm probably going to take it a step further and have them re issue a new card with new card number.  I don't really feel comfortable with the way that transaction went down. 

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to clarify on this post.  Another fellow HybridZ member i've got parts from just ordered a bunch of parts from them, no issues, everything shipped fine.  I guess I had some quirky stuff going on with my computer that day or something.  It was really odd it tried to charge my card but didn't produce an order though.  I got him to order a few things for me and they showed up monday.  Moderator if you want to delete this post that would be awesome because I don't want to hinder anyone's sales due to a small hiccup with a computer.